Back to Blog
Old Bailey

What is Legal Aid?

If you need to see a solicitor to help you to sue someone or to get a court order, but you cannot afford to pay your solicitor, then you may be eligible for Legal Aid. The Government provides money to help pay for your case. The money comes from the Community Legal Services Fund (CLS) and is administered by the Legal Aid Agency.

You may be entitled to legal aid just to speak to a solicitor and to have a solicitor write letters on your behalf, this is known as Legal Help.

You may also be entitled to legal aid for your solicitor and/or barrister to go to court for you. For this you will need a Legal Representation Certificate.
Your solicitor will apply for this on your behalf.

Share this post

Back to Blog