Director and Solicitor
Pramod is a Director and Head of the Mental Capacity and Court of Protection departments at Appleman Legal. He is one of the Founding Partners and the nominated Compliance Officer for Legal Practice.
Pramod advises clients, both individuals and businesses, and represent them in contentious and non-contentious matters. He specialises in a range of public law and civil liberties areas, and mainly Court of Protection. Pramod regularly represent clients in the Court of Protection on health and welfare cases for Residence, Care and Medical Treatment cases as well as financial matters such as Deputyship and Lasting Power of Attorneys.
Pramod has wealth of experience in cross border/jurisdiction matters which may arise in the Court of Protection (e.g. where an individual who is subject to an Order made in the Court of Protection decides to move to another country). Pramod’s practice also includes Power of Attorneys and Will disputes. (e.g. where it is suspected that one of the Attorney’s may be abusing the powers given to them or where the mental capacity of the donor is in doubt).
Pramod’s areas of practice includes:
- Civil liberties and judicial reviews matter on treatment under the MHA.
- Equality duties and breach of human rights law
- Challenges to unlawful detention – claims
- Mental Capacity – Medical Treatment cases
- Challenges to Power of Attorneys & Wills
- Whistleblowing investigations in healthcare settings
- Complaints to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
- Complaints to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
- Advice on Employment Law – Employee & Employers
- Settlement agreements
Along with our experienced team, Pramod has been involved in a number of notable legal cases in the above areas which contributed to developing the law.
Alongside his practice, Pramod also provides training to clinicians on Mental Health and Mental Incapacity law.
Pramod is an experienced advocate and member of the Law Society Mental Health Accreditation Scheme. He regularly represents detained patients before the First Tier Tribunal (Mental Health) and also specialises in CAMHS. He is currently working towards achieving his Accredited Legal Representative (ALR) status for the Law Society Mental Capacity (Welfare) Accreditation.
Pramod is the Secretary of the Mental Health Lawyers Association.
Further details of his areas of practice can be found under our Mental Capacity Law page.
Areas of Practice
- Mental Health Law
- Mental Capacity & Court of Protection
- Law Society Mental Health Accreditation Scheme
- Mental Health Lawyer’s Association (MHLA)