Director and Solicitor
Pramod is a Solicitor, Director and heads the Mental Capacity/Court of Protection department at our Head Office in London. He is one of the Founding Partners of Appleman Legal and is the nominated Compliance Officer for Legal Practice.
Pramod specialises in a range of public law and civil liberties areas, including Court of Protection work. He advises clients, both individuals and businesses, and represent them in contentious and non-contentious matters.
Pramod has wealth of experience in cross border/Jurisdiction matters which may arise in the Court of Protection (e.g. where an individual who is subject to an Order made in the Court of Protection decides to move to another country ). Pramod’s practice also includes Power of Attorneys disputes. (e.g. where it is suspected that one of the Attorney’s may be abusing the powers given to them or where the mental capacity of the donor is in doubt).
Pramod regularly represent parties in the Court of Protection in health and welfare as well as financial matters.
“As sharp as his suits”
Pramod areas of practice includes:
• Civil liberties and judicial review
• Equality duties and human rights law
• Challenges to unlawful detention
• Mental Capacity and best interests disputes
• Challenges to Power of Attorneys
• Whistleblowing investigations in healthcare settings
• Complaints to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
• Complaints to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
Along with our experienced team, Pramod has been involved in a number legal cases in the above areas which contributed to developing the law.
Alongside his practice, Pramod also provides training to clinicians on Mental Health and Mental Capacity law.
Pramod is an experienced advocate and member of the Law Society Mental Health Accreditation Scheme since 2012. He regularly represents detained patients before the First Tier Tribunal (Mental Health) and also specialises in CAMHS. Pramod is a committee member of the Mental Health Lawyers Association. Further details of his areas of practice work can be found under our Mental Capacity Law page.
Area of Practice
• Mental Health Law
• Mental Capacity/Court of Protection
• Law Society Mental Health Accreditation Scheme
• Mental Health Lawyer’s Association (MHLA)